Thursday, November 17, 2011

Help Rape Victims via Penn St and Rainn

Help Victims, Vote by 3:00 PM Friday

Take a few minutes and go to the following link to Vote for your favorite T-Shirt design to raise money and awareness for Rainn.org.  Go to http://blog.mycroburst.com/penn-state-proud-t-shirt-for-rainn-org/ My favorite and my friend's t-shirt design is #208 (the only white one).

Heavy Stuff


I normally like to share fun things related to paint and faux and have begun to share how-to videos, etc. 

Today however, I am proud to share something of a more serious nature.  The news of the Penn St. sexual abuse victims has been eating me up. I normally do not follow sensationalized news stories closely and do not feed off of the media frenzie.  In this instance, I can't seem to let it go.  My wife commented recently that I seemed irritable when I returned from a business trip.  I realized tat it was because I had been reading news articles and transcripts on my Black Berry. 

I feel for the victims, the university, the community and the alumni.... What to do?

Positive Energy:
Today through a work friend, I learned about an organization (www.proudtobeapennstater.com) started by a few alumni who are working to raise money for RAINN.org.

She is a Penn St. Alumni a graphic designer was involved with the football program during her time at the university. She yearned for a way to help and emailed them a preliminary logo design suggesting they sell t-shirts to raise more money. Her design is one of six chosen out of more than 200 entries. They are accepting votes to chose the final winner through Friday, Nov. 18th at 3:00 PM EST.

The winning t-shirt design will be printed by the thousands and sold to support this incredibly worthy cause.

http://blog.mycroburst.com/penn-state-proud-t-shirt-for-rainn-org/Her t-shirt design is #208 (the only white one). RAINN will use the funds raised for prevention efforts and to help victims through the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline, which is a popular resource for younger victims who are feel more comfortable seeking help online. Since #ProudPSUforRAINN launched 2 days ago, RAINN has seen a 38% increase in the number of victims using the Online Hotline. RAINN’s hotline director, Jennifer Marsh, said, “We’re seeing an outpouring of people reaching out for help — women and men, boys and girls — many of whom have been encouraged to get help for the first time as a result of this tragedy.”
Next Blog entry will be back to fun and Faux. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment